PDA

View Full Version : Summer plans?

Amanda
06-04-2012, 03:25 PM
Those of us in the States have Summer ahead of us- or upon us! What are your plans? Any trips in the works? What is your dream for this summer?

criostirado
06-04-2012, 03:58 PM
We are always going someplace!!! We figure we have to get it in before Rick retires and gets another job and wont have time off like he has had with his leave and four day weekends!!! So we are heading to Virginia in about a week to meet my parents half way...they are coming to pick up my daughter...so we are going to Natural Bridge to get a little history in us and then heading to the Safari!!! We are big RVers...so I am sure we will be going other places..just don't know where yet!!

britnkaysmemaw2
06-04-2012, 06:30 PM
We have two trips coming up. One in July to the Chicago area for our youngest daughters wedding.

I thought my DD would never settle down (she's 35!). She is VERY much a little Miss Independent! I am very happy for her that she has found the man of her dreams (and one who will put up with her, ROFL!) and wish them much happiness!

The second trip is to South Carolina for our Granddaughters Wedding! Although we tried to talk them into waiting, I know they will be fine, and have a great future together. They have a lot of that Southern Style Love and Support!

Still can't believe either of them are getting married!

JAB
06-04-2012, 07:12 PM
We are spending a week at Carolina Beach in July. We have never been there before and really don't know anything about it :laugh: We have had a really rough year so far ( sick family members, lost job, school issues, etc) and we just wanted a really low key, laid back beach trip with the kids. I told my husband I wanted something out of a Nicholas Sparks novel! I wanted to go to Sunset Beach but anything we could afford was booked by the time we decided to go. I'd love to hear your thoughts on carolina Beach if anyone has been. :)

Amanda
06-04-2012, 07:38 PM
We are spending a week at Carolina Beach in July. We have never been there before and really don't know anything about it :laugh: We have had a really rough year so far ( sick family members, lost job, school issues, etc) and we just wanted a really low key, laid back beach trip with the kids. I told my husband I wanted something out of a Nicholas Sparks novel! I wanted to go to Sunset Beach but anything we could afford was booked by the time we decided to go. I'd love to hear your thoughts on carolina Beach if anyone has been. :)

My stomping grounds(well, all of the Carolinas are, lol) - It is close to Cape Fear, and that is a cool place to visit. Lots of history in Wilmington. Pleasure Island is pretty. Laid back is definitely what you will have- good food, sun and fishing are the mainstays there. :)

JAB
06-05-2012, 04:26 AM
Thanks Amanda! My son is a huge history buff so I am sure we will tour civil war forts and battleships! Sun and good food is really all i am looking for- oh and maybe some waves ;)

NYMomSBr
06-05-2012, 07:49 AM
Heading to DC this weekend to celebrate Girl Scouts 100th anniversary with my two DD's! We've been looking forward to this trip for the last few years and very excited!
We have a huge family wedding coming up at the end of the month, too, that we're excited about. Lots of family we haven't even met yet coming into town for it!
The rest of the summer, looking forward to some good ole fashioned r & r!

:balloons:

donakat
06-05-2012, 10:59 AM
Our summers are generally spent at home, where we've got all of SoCal to visit on day trips. Vacations come whenever the weather is better in a particular place. Don't much like the heat anymore. So our vacation will be in October in Hawaii.

Marcie
06-05-2012, 11:31 AM
OH we wanted to go to the Beach and also to Lake Ontario this year. However I lost my job so we are just going camping at Lake Ontario, but at least we get that time together. The rest of my summer, I'm planning on taking it slow and enjoying it with my family especially spending every day with my kids. (although I may be begging for school to start in July):wink:

So a slow and calming summer for me and my family.

norskinus
06-05-2012, 12:17 PM
We had our mini summer trip this last weekend, to De Smet, SD. We camped at the Laura Ingalls Homestead. Great!
My DH gave me a surprise ticket to fly to AZ to visit a friend, so i am going by myself, without kids, or pets, or chores, or cooking, or yard work, or.....you get the picture. Really looking forward to that! The rest of the summer is going to be here at home, relaxing, and figuring out what this next school year will look like - home schooling or not, going back to work or not.

Art for Scrapbooking
06-05-2012, 04:48 PM
Wpw they all sound like awesome summer vacations. I am in the southern hemisphere so it is our winter here. I live in Queensland approximately equivalent to florida so winters are perfect to me. I love the sunny days and cold nights. No holidays on the forecast here after a long one at christmas. It is traditional here that lots of people from the southern states take their vacations up here where it is warm.

donakat
06-05-2012, 04:55 PM
I'd love to visit Queensland one day, and for that matter, the rest of Australia and New Zealand, too!