PDA

View Full Version : You know you're an addict when......

alfenner
06-10-2007, 01:26 PM
So, in the 6 short months I've been digiscrapping, I've have become SUCH AN ADDICT (don't care what my title says, hehe)!!!! Recently I noticed a couple of characteristics that could only come with being an addict. What are yours?

You know you're an addict when........

You take pictures to go with a kit, instead of getting a kit to go with the pictures.

When you run out of pictures, and are simply in love with a kit, you start designing your own "quick pages" to use when/if you take the right pictures.

When laying in bed trying to go to sleep, you design a page in your head.

Nobody tell my dh, he'd take the computer away I think! lol.........:laugh: :rolleyes1: :eek1

tborntreger
06-10-2007, 01:42 PM
You know your an addict when...Yes, your designing a LO in your sleep....

When you neglect your house work to scrap.....

When all you can think about is how you can scrap everything around you....

AND YOU KNOW YOU'RE AN ADDICT WHEN.......You are preparing for a vacation for your 5th anniversary with your husband and your are concerned that you're going to miss something here at GDS including daily donwloads, chatting, replying to forum threads, leaving love on Layouts, doing layouts to upload, etc....

Yep I'm an addict.

Amy, I need to PM you but for what ever reason I can't seem to get it to work. I have a question....maybe you could go to the ST Forum under the thread requesting products and answer my question... Thanks

Maisie
06-10-2007, 01:56 PM
You know you're an addict when taking pics on a special occasion, you're already planning the page, as you're taking the pic.

ckbymommy
06-10-2007, 02:27 PM
You know you're an addict when you are at your GYN (in the most compromising of positions) and start thinking how the adorable pattern on the wall paper would make a great BG paper!

gigichet
06-11-2007, 06:42 AM
you know when you are addicted when...

1. your 4 year old grandson says "Please Gigi no more pictures and covers his face when he sees the camera.

2. instead of counting sheep to go to sleep you plan your layout

3. you rush through your housework so that you can scrap

4. you are babysitting and one of the kids has an outfit on that you think would make a wonderful kit.

5. you spend more time with your computer then with your husband

and these are just a few of my signs of Addiction...I am sooooooooo.....hooked and loving every minute of it.:confused1:

lacyrenfro
06-20-2007, 11:10 AM
......you send your kids to bed early so you can have 5 minutes alone with the computer.

......you plan what shots you want to take before you take your kids to the park.

......YOU DEMAND YOUR HUSBAND CHANGES HIS SHRIT FOR THE DAY SO HE DOSN'T RUIN YOUR PICTURES FOR THE DAY!!!!:wub1: :vb_chirolp_iei:

CJsMom
06-20-2007, 11:17 AM
...you can't sleep because your layout still needs to be tweaked a little to be just right

...you think about the colors everyone is wearing before you take the picture

....you check digi site before you check your email

....everything you see can be turned into a digi kit

....you are a designers biggest fan!!!

Debra
06-20-2007, 11:48 AM
When you sit here reading this and are laughing out loud to nobody there!!

jillybean
06-20-2007, 12:25 PM
WOW...I thought it was just me!!! I was laughing at every single on of those because they're true.

You know you're addicted when..

--You wish real life had Photoshop Tools
**You see things in real life and think in your head about trying to put a drop shadow on it.
**You see a color outside and wish you had an eyedropper to get the color for your layout!
**You have used up all your 80 GB hard drive with scrapbooking stuff, and can't even save your layouts until you've deleted something...
**You spend more time at outings and parties thinking about what pictures you could take to make a cute layout!!
**You plan activities specifically because you want pictures of those things--I made my husband have a barbecue so I could get BBQ pictures and make a BBQ layout!!

Maybe these are all just me...I'm scaring myself with this addiction!!!

HollyS
06-20-2007, 01:45 PM
:dito: :laugh: ROFL!!!!

alfenner
06-20-2007, 01:53 PM
You know you're an addict when...........

........you look like a bobble head doll while reading this thread because you're nodding yes at EVERYTHING!!! LOL!!!

angelfaye
06-20-2007, 03:44 PM
LOL!!!

You know you're an addict when...
you think twice about a week away cos you'll miss your daily download
all you can think about somebody's shirt is that it would make a lovely paper
you agreed with everything everyone in front of you said!

faye
x
and not apologising for it!!! LOL!!

yin
06-20-2007, 07:03 PM
You know you're an addict when

you go shopping for clothes with a notebook in hand scribbling down designs and colors that will make great kits

dressing the boys (including the dh) up in colors that will go with a particular kit - they hate this!!!

taking lots pictures of the sidewalk hoping some will turn out to make great textures - it worked!!

bdjeepers
06-20-2007, 07:16 PM
You know you're an addict when you....

* Upload clothes to the washer and download them from the dryer
* Delete a spill on the floor
* Wonder how you can put something as big as your purse in the scanner because it would make a cute layout for a friend who collects purses, then actually try it by covering the scanner with dark heavy fabric (It didn't work well)
* Stay up until the middle of the night to email your scrapping buddy who lives on the other side of the world, just so you can have instant communications
* Take pictures of bolts of fabric because several would make really nice background papers
*Take pictures of the sky and sand for the same reason (I did that last Saturday!)
* Wish that ctrl/alt/delete would make people stop interrupting your scrapping time
* Ask for ink and photo paper for your birthday
* Feel like you're writing a "Diary of a Mad Housewife" in the forums!

ABitDaffy
06-21-2007, 10:42 AM
Barbara, that bolt of fabric comment made me think of two things:

--you scan your baby's blanket and make papers from the colors because you can't find patterns that match and then you recreate the quilt design in a template so that the page ends up looking like the blanket (I actually did this on a paper page a few years ago! )

--you go to the material store and buy a piece of fabric to make your girls dresses because you have a kit at home that will go perfect with it - once you get the dresses made and the pictures taken. (I've bought kits based on material that I've had before, but this was a first - buying the material based on the kit!)

yvonnew
06-25-2007, 07:31 PM
You know your an addict when,

I take pictures to go with kits.
I take a camera everywhere we go.
I spend hours looking for just the right kit
You can't wait to get your cup of coffee to wake up before you are signing on your computer to check the message boards.

casey4
08-11-2007, 04:52 PM
You know you are an addict --

when the computer rarely get shut down

tarynwood
08-29-2007, 10:43 AM
You know you're an addict when...

your husband realizes there's not much room left on the hard drive. =o)

Victoria32
08-29-2007, 11:10 AM
I know I'm addicted and here are a few more as I can agree with all of the previous posts:

1. You know you're an addict when your whole social life has to revolve around chat times, crops and challenge deadlines.
2. You log onto the scrapbooking site first thing in the morning and last thing at night.
3. You dream layouts.
4. You always need to get just one more photo, quick click, font, paper etc, even if you never use them, or could make do with what is already stored in the folders.

gigichet
08-29-2007, 11:11 AM
you know you are addicted when...

your 4 year old grandson tells you that you have done too many downloads...

Coolscrapbook
08-30-2007, 10:26 AM
You know youíre a Addict when:

-You leave the pasta cooking in the kitchen to scrap cause itíll take at least 15 minutes till itís done and when you realize, the pasta is one BIG BALL of starch and you got to start all over again.

-Youíre concentrating so hard on creating your LO, that you donít realize your child has helped himself to the peanut butter on the kitchen floor, opened the lid, completely covered himself in it including hair, clothes, ears, toes and all. So you think, oh, not a problem, run to the bathroom real quick (while laughing hysterically of course) and finish his bath time so now itís time to get back to scrappin, and you find your living room sofa fully lathered in peanut butter!!! Ugghhh! This happened about 15 minutes ago today! No kidding! Gotta love their creativityÖ

Cheers! Sofa clean, back to scrappin...
Addie

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u206/bolanom/100_5599.jpg

Lins
08-30-2007, 11:34 AM

-You leave the pasta cooking in the kitchen to scrap cause itíll take at least 15 minutes till itís done and when you realize, the pasta is one BIG BALL of starch and you got to start all over again.

-Youíre concentrating so hard on creating your LO, that you donít realize your child has helped himself to the peanut butter on the kitchen floor, opened the lid, completely covered himself in it including hair, clothes, ears, toes and all. So you think, oh, not a problem, run to the bathroom real quick (while laughing hysterically of course) and finish his bath time so now itís time to get back to scrappin, and you find your living room sofa fully lathered in peanut butter!!! Ugghhh! This happened about 15 minutes ago today! No kidding! Gotta love their creativityÖ

Addie

That happened to me about an hour ago except she had baby bum cream, and smeared all over my dvd shelf - i suppose she fought it had a rush ha-ha.
You know you are an addict when you even scrapbook people you don't really like......::goodluck:

Coolscrapbook
08-30-2007, 11:51 AM
Hilarious!

CJsMom
08-30-2007, 12:02 PM
OMG what a mess--I hope that you got pictures. Now THAT is addiction talking.

Andrea
08-30-2007, 02:15 PM
Oh, how funny, but very familiar! My leather couch looked like this last week only imagine ice cream instead of peanut butter!!! :laugh:

Addie

Coolscrapbook
08-30-2007, 02:21 PM
I'm telling ya, thank goodness for leather. We bought a mini van last year and as we were at the dealer our only requirement was that it needed to have leather seats. Well the rep couldn't make the deal work for what we wanted to pay, and kept insisting on giving us cloth seats. I stood my ground, and he finally worked the deal out about 2 weeks later. On pick-up day, we were driving the Van off the dealer lot, and as we made a right onto the main street facing the dealer, my son threw up all over the brand new seats. We couldn't even enjoy the nice new car smell for five minutes. Thanx to leather....real easy to clean.

Addie

Victoria32
08-30-2007, 03:59 PM
When I read your post about the peanut butter and the saw the photo of the couch , I really expected the "true scrapper addict" to stop and take photos of the messy kid before cleaning it up and scrapping that. Thank goodness for leather, both in the house and in the vehicle. LOl.

babyofmine
08-30-2007, 03:59 PM
okay, you convinced me, I must get a leather couch. :laugh: That was an awesome mess and picture! LOL My boys once made a huge mess with blue printer ink, but that was before I started scrapping; I just slept through the entire thing. :D

amysum1
08-30-2007, 04:34 PM
sooooo funny! I've been doing this for almost 2 months and I am completely addicted!

I can totally relate to laying in bed and thinking up LO's. Also skipping housework during baby's nap so I can scrap.

emst
08-31-2007, 04:50 AM
I agree with all of your comments and I have had a good laugh over them this morning, but I have to admit the couch thing is the best, too funny.
I know that I'm addicted when I can't even stand to be away from my computer for a day, don't know what I'm going to do when I go to Myrtle Beach for a week with one of my friends from NY.

Victoria32
08-31-2007, 07:05 AM
You know you are addicted when you set the times for 5 minutes and rush back to the computer to make one more comment and then rush back to the kitchen to do the next step of the meal prep.

Lins
08-31-2007, 09:58 AM
You know you are an addict when you take photo's of your husbands mess in the kitchen when he makes food, and he tell you to .... of. lol it didn't stop me so my lo would be in soon.*woot

CJsMom
09-01-2007, 07:19 AM
You know you are addicted when you husband looks at the photo you just took and says..."that will make a great layout for you"....what did you do with my real hubby? LOL

gigichet
09-01-2007, 09:40 AM
you know you are addicted when your husband suggests that you learn designing. According to him I might as well get paid for all of the time that I spend on the computer. haha

Victoria32
09-02-2007, 01:29 PM
You know you're addicted when you remind your married children to take lots of photos on their vacation, so you can scrap them for their Christmas gifts.

casey4
09-07-2007, 01:17 PM
you know you are addicted when you check to make sure that you have enough batteries before you go

casey4
09-21-2007, 09:36 AM
you know you are an addict when you just can stop playing.

casey4
09-27-2007, 02:10 PM
you know you are an addict when you just can stop playing -- yep still playing LOL