PDA

View Full Version : Making your own blinkies

lillykins
05-12-2007, 05:39 AM
I've been directed to a tutorial on making your own blinkies - it's fab, I understand it and have created one already*woot

As usual I have a question !! :stupid: can anyone tell me whether copyright affects these - I haven't a clue how to make my own papers so can I use ones that I have downloaded as a background ? I've also downloaded some lovely brushes with fairies on them - am I allowed to use them or do I have to create something myself ? If that's the case I'll give up now :nope:

TraciJ
05-12-2007, 05:46 AM
The brushes ... It all depends on where you got them! Some brushmakers just ask for credit ...same with the papers ... ASK ...I'm not sure if this would constitute commercial use or not. I'm always all for asking the creators .. the worst they can do is say no, right??

twirlyjoy
05-12-2007, 06:19 AM
I agree with what Traci said - if you aren't sure, ask.

I've seen some brushes which the makers have asked don't get used on anything which can be viewed online - didn't bother downloading any of them!!

As far as kits go, most designers are ok with it, as long as you credit them in your siggy alongside the blinkie, just as you would in the gallery with a layout.

lillykins
05-13-2007, 05:06 AM
thanks, I guessed really that would be the answer - now all I have to do is find out where I got it from :twitcy: at least I am getting organised now so that shouldn't be too much trouble going forward. And I must try and found out info in CS2 so that I can start doing more than just the paint bucket for a background :eek1