PDA

View Full Version : Supreme Team Speed Scrap!!!!!

SparkysGirl
05-16-2010, 09:50 PM
Please join several members of the Supreme Team HERE for a SPEED SCRAP on Thursday, May 20th at 9PM EST.

This will be no ordinary Speed Scrap! The Supreme Team will be tagging each other to provide the prompts. It should be a wild and crazy time, and we're sure to fill the gallery with some wonderful and creative layouts.

Sorry, no hints to give you :biggrin: ... you'll have to be here to get the inside scoop!

Everyone who participates will receive a coupon for a DDR!

DavisChronicles
05-17-2010, 08:32 AM
Hooray!! I think I will actually be home for this one!!
Can't wait!! Thanks Lisa!!

elenasworld
05-17-2010, 08:41 AM
What fun! I am marking my calendar!

britnkaysmemaw2
05-17-2010, 09:41 AM
Great!!! I am glad it is in the forums too. Easier to stay caught up with.

Off to mark my calendar for a fun time!

donakat
05-17-2010, 11:03 AM
Hope to be there!

tbcarter2002
05-17-2010, 02:44 PM
Sounds like fun, I hope to be able to join in.

Scrappinsass
05-18-2010, 12:04 AM
Marking my calendar! The last one was so much fun! :)

SlidingKat
05-18-2010, 12:58 PM
sounds great

AZK
05-19-2010, 06:09 AM
I've cleared my schedule and can't wait for tomorrow night!

britnkaysmemaw2
05-19-2010, 09:08 AM
Dang....why do I always make plans w/o consulting my Speed Scrap calendar, lol. Gonna have to miss this one. Have fun girls.

cascrappinggirl
05-20-2010, 09:37 AM
Imight be able to join. Haven't scrapped in like forever :( Need the motivation :)

californiateri
05-20-2010, 09:41 AM
I'm planning in being here if my hand isn't hurting too much. I hurt my right hand (I'm right handed) a couple of weeks ago and it hurts if I'm on the computer too much. I'm gonna try to stay off as much as possible today so I can play tonight!

SparkysGirl
05-20-2010, 02:05 PM
I'm planning in being here if my hand isn't hurting too much. I hurt my right hand (I'm right handed) a couple of weeks ago and it hurts if I'm on the computer too much. I'm gonna try to stay off as much as possible today so I can play tonight!

Oh Teri! I'm so sorry you hurt your hand! Rest up ... speed scrap therapy might be just what "the doctor ordered"! LOL! Hope to see ya tonight!

SparkysGirl
05-20-2010, 02:05 PM
Imight be able to join. Haven't scrapped in like forever :( Need the motivation :)

You should come on and scrap! Sometimes a speed scrap is just the thing to get those creative juices flowing!

diamndprincz
05-20-2010, 03:40 PM
2 hours 20 minutes to goooo.... :-)
Going to eat my dinner soon....hope to see you all there!

agarzaldynrd
05-20-2010, 04:22 PM
I so need a ss!!! I've had to slow down on my scrapping and I hate not having time to hang out around here. Maybe there will be more time as soon as the school year comes to the end. BUT!!! I should be able to be here tonight!!

SparkysGirl
05-20-2010, 05:55 PM
YAY!!!! Is everyone ready for some SPEED SCRAP THERAPY? I know I am!!!! :biggrin:
OK ... this is our second Supreme Team "TAG" Speed Scrap. The folks providing each step have not coordinated with each other, so we will be just as surprised as everyone else participating as each step is posted! Due to the unpredictable nature of this speed scrap, we're going to limit this to six steps to allow for time to "overcome" any curves that get tossed our way!

As one of our retired designers used to say ... if you get stuck, pull out the old "creative license" and institute it ... no "speed scrap police" here tonight! Bottom line, we're hoping this will be FUN!!!!

Now ... here's how it's works: Angie will provide you with your first step (she will "tag" the next person to provide a step). You'll have about ten minutes to get started with the step Angie gives. Then, the person Angie "tags" will "quote" the thread that contains the first step posted and add hers - she'll also "tag" the next person. Again, you'll have about ten minutes to work on that step. We'll continue in this manner through all six steps.

Since the folks providing each step will be quoting each other, you'll have a complete list of steps with each new post. Once the last step is given, you'll have an additional hour to finish and polish up your layout. Post it in the SPEED SCRAP (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=927)gallery, and link it back here!
We'll get started in about FIVE MINUTES!!!!!:vb_chirolp_iei::vb_chirolp_iei:

elenasworld
05-20-2010, 05:58 PM
awesome!
my fingers are crossed my dd stays in bed tonight

AZK
05-20-2010, 05:59 PM
I've had one of those weeks where my real life was getting in the way of my scrapping life. I'm glad I could make it!

AZK
05-20-2010, 06:00 PM
Okay scrappers, let's get this show on the road!

Step 1: Choose at least 2 papers. You can have as many papers as you want as long as A) there are at least 2 and B) at least one of the papers is layered at an angle.

Oh, and Tronesia, you're it! ;)

SparkysGirl
05-20-2010, 06:01 PM
I've had one of those weeks where my real life was getting in the way of my scrapping life. I'm glad I could make it!

It has been a long week! I'm glad you could make it too!

reboscraps
Got myself logged in just in time... anybody else going to hang out in chat?

diamndprincz
Helllloo ladies!

amandamoo
05-20-2010, 06:02 PM
Hey, guys! I'm here!

AZK
05-20-2010, 06:03 PM
Hi! I just posted the first step! You're just in time!

agarzaldynrd
05-20-2010, 06:03 PM
It has been a long week!! I'm ready for some scrapping!

FJchickie
05-20-2010, 06:04 PM
Happy Thursday Ladies (my favorite day of the week)! *woot

AZK
05-20-2010, 06:04 PM
Thursday is my day off so it's a favorite of mine too!

Darlene Currie
05-20-2010, 06:05 PM
Okay - I'm here and choosing my papers!

SparkysGirl
05-20-2010, 06:06 PM
I took half the day off from work to run errands ... I don't know what's more tiring ... work or running around! I'm just happy to be here!!!

DavisChronicles
05-20-2010, 06:06 PM
I'm here too! Off to find some papers! =)

reboscraps
05-20-2010, 06:07 PM
Hi! I just posted the first step! You're just in time!

Ladies, don't know what's going on, but I'm logged in to chat and all by myself, so I'm not seeing you?

What's the 1st step?

AZK
05-20-2010, 06:08 PM
Here it is again:

Step 1: Choose at least 2 papers. You can have as many papers as you want as long as A) there are at least 2 and B) at least one of the papers is layered at an angle.

Darlene Currie
05-20-2010, 06:09 PM
Can you guys post in this forum, chat and scrap at the same time? Wow, I don't think I can. I think I may be just sticking to the forum for my first SS.:frown:

SparkysGirl
05-20-2010, 06:09 PM
Okay scrappers, let's get this show on the road!

Oh, and Tronesia, you're it! ;)

here's the first step

SparkysGirl
05-20-2010, 06:11 PM
Can you guys post in this forum, chat and scrap at the same time? Wow, I don't think I can. I think I may be just sticking to the forum for my first SS.:frown:
This is just my second speed scrap ... I didn't think I could do the forum, chat and scrap all at the same time ... so I didn't start the chat. SORRY!

reboscraps
05-20-2010, 06:11 PM

When I did mine, it pretty much took me all the time to keep the forum updated and the chat updated. I didn't actually complete a page. Hoping to this time.

I logged out of chat because no one was over there, but I can hang around if you want.

Thanks for reposting Angie, I'm not used to following SS throughout the thread I hope I can keep up!

diamndprincz
05-20-2010, 06:12 PM

Step 2: Choose 2-3 photos and place them next to each other ; one photo should be placed by itself on the opposite side of your page. (your photos may be duplicates if you like)

Darlene...you're it!

amandamoo
05-20-2010, 06:13 PM
I've got my papers and can't wait for Tronesia's step!

SparkysGirl
When I did mine, it pretty much took me all the time to keep the forum updated and the chat updated. I didn't actually complete a page. Hoping to this time.

I logged out of chat because no one was over there, but I can hang around if you want.

Thanks for reposting Angie, I'm not used to following SS throughout the thread I hope I can keep up!

It's so funny how we're all different ... I find the chat hard to keep up with! I loved it when you hosted though ... your "whip" cracking was a HOOT!

SparkysGirl

Step 2: Choose 2-3 photos and place them next to each other ; one photo should be placed by itself on the opposite side of your page. (your photos may be duplicates if you like)

Darlene...you're it!

Here are Steps 1 and 2 for anyone who missed them!!!!

AZK
05-20-2010, 06:15 PM
Yeah, it was so much fun in the chat but I was not getting any scrapping done, lol! I like the slower pace of the forum. SS's are hard enough for me as it is! I'm almost always the last one to upload my page!

agarzaldynrd
05-20-2010, 06:15 PM
I don't like to do the chat while I scrap. I get all messed up with wanting to participate in the chat and trying to keep up with the steps.

SlidingKat
05-20-2010, 06:16 PM
almost forgot

briarwoodpups
05-20-2010, 06:18 PM
I'm here! Had to kick out the SO.

SparkysGirl
05-20-2010, 06:20 PM
I'm here! Had to kick out the SO.

LOL! My fam knows it's ss nite ... hubby is off doing something and daughter is watching over my shoulder ... I'm luring her into my digiscrap addiction!!!!

SlidingKat
05-20-2010, 06:21 PM
not must chatter everyone must be off watching Bonnes

amandamoo
05-20-2010, 06:21 PM
SO glad we are getting more people -- these are so much fun!
Got my papers and pics!

SparkysGirl
05-20-2010, 06:22 PM
It is very QUIET tonight ...

Darlene Currie
05-20-2010, 06:22 PM

Okay ladies - now it's time to pick some frames. if you've picked 3 photos, I want you to use 4 frames, but use the frames on only 2 of the pics. If you've picked 2 photos, use 3 frames but only one on a photo.

Okay Rebecca - it's over to you now!

diamndprincz
05-20-2010, 06:23 PM
not must chatter everyone must be off watching Bonnes

I Loovveee Bones!! But I just started watching and have finally made it to Season 3. I am watching them in order on Netflix cause I can't stand to be out of a sequence.

SparkysGirl
SO glad we are getting more people -- these are so much fun!
Got my papers and pics!

I think I have mine, too ... trying to stay flexible and have a backup plan in case we get thrown a curve ...

tbcarter2002
Well, I'm late as usual. We have family issues today and I keep getting phone calls. I don't know if I'll be able to catch up/keep up. We'll see.

SparkysGirl
05-20-2010, 06:24 PM
Well, I'm late as usual. We have family issues today and I keep getting phone calls. I don't know if I'll be able to catch up/keep up. We'll see.

YOU CAN DO IT, TERRI! Hope things calm down ...

diamndprincz
05-20-2010, 06:25 PM

Okay ladies - now it's time to pick some frames. if you've picked 3 photos, I want you to use 4 frames, but use the frames on only 2 of the pics. If you've picked 2 photos, use 3 frames but only one on a photo.

Ok Darlene...throwing us for a loop! :-D

It is very QUIET tonight ...
Welll...I chose the wrong photos and my child doesn't like sleep..soooo she is over here harassing me about painting...lol!

SparkysGirl
05-20-2010, 06:25 PM

Here are steps 1 -3 for anyone that missed 'em!

SlidingKat
05-20-2010, 06:26 PM
okay...

agarzaldynrd
I'm watching the 2 hour finale of Grey's. I love Grey's still! But I am getting distracted.

AZK
Ok Darlene...throwing us for a loop! :-D

:eek1

reboscraps
05-20-2010, 06:28 PM

WOW Sha-zammm. Darlene, you are going to be a tough act to follow!!!

amandamoo
05-20-2010, 06:29 PM
Hey, Terri, glad you could make it!

My hubby and I love Bones too! Kind of addictive!

reboscraps
05-20-2010, 06:30 PM

Step 3: Okay ladies - now it's time to pick some frames. if you've picked 3 photos, I want you to use 4 frames, but use the frames on only 2 of the pics. If you've picked 2 photos, use 3 frames but only one on a photo.

Step 4: Pick out at least 3-4 elements, make a cluster, and use it on your page.

altimasport
05-20-2010, 06:30 PM
ok so I am really late I am going to try to catch up.

diamndprincz
05-20-2010, 06:31 PM
Hope everything get's settled for you Terri.

Now...why can't I find frames??

Darlene Currie
05-20-2010, 06:31 PM
I'm taping Grey's Anatomy. I'm behind by about 4 episodes, so I'm going to have to have a "Grey" evening one night and watch them all at once. I'm running out of room on my PVR - I've just been too busy!

reboscraps
05-20-2010, 06:32 PM

Yeah, Maybe I should actually start scrapping something... I can't decide where to start.

SparkysGirl

You can get caught up, Chris! Glad you could make it!

amandamoo
You can do it, Chris!

AZK
05-20-2010, 06:34 PM
Phew! I think I got that frame thing sorted out. Let's hear it for creative license!

SlidingKat
05-20-2010, 06:36 PM
I tape everything...can't imagine having to sit through commercials

elenasworld
05-20-2010, 06:37 PM
sorry i am late
i have been waiting all week and the dd picks tonight
to not go to sleep

SparkysGirl
05-20-2010, 06:40 PM
sorry i am late
i have been waiting all week and the dd picks tonight
to not go to sleep

That's OK! Glad you made it!

FJchickie
05-20-2010, 06:41 PM
Uh-oh, brain and page won't working together tonight. :hairpull:

Darlene Currie
My dang dog is bugging me to take him out. Of all the times! Maybe I'll give him a bone to keep him happy for a few minutes. Geez!

amandamoo
Just jump on in!

OK, here's the next step:

Step 3: Okay ladies - now it's time to pick some frames. if you've picked 3 photos, I want you to use 4 frames, but use the frames on only 2 of the pics. If you've picked 2 photos, use 3 frames but only one on a photo.

Step 4: Pick out at least 3-4 elements, make a cluster, and use it on your page.

Step 5: Add some scatter and ribbons or string to taste!

Okay, Lisa, take us on home!

SparkysGirl
05-20-2010, 06:42 PM
Uh-oh, brain and page won't working together tonight. :hairpull:

Remember ... pull out your 'creative license' card ... YOU can do it!!!!

tbcarter2002
05-20-2010, 06:43 PM
Wow, it's going to be tough to catch up. The frame thing has my brain spinning. lol

altimasport
05-20-2010, 06:44 PM
oh gosh I am off to look for frames! Catching up is hard to do!

altimasport
05-20-2010, 06:50 PM
Wow, it's going to be tough to catch up. The frame thing has my brain spinning. lol

me too....

Darlene Currie
05-20-2010, 06:50 PM
Sorry about the frame thing ladies - sounds like my first "prompt" at a SS was a doozie! It's about stretching the brain, but on a night when you're tired, I can see that would be tough.:wub1:

Darlene Currie
05-20-2010, 06:52 PM
Remember ... pull out your 'creative license' card ... YOU can do it!!!!

What's a "creative license" card?

reboscraps
05-20-2010, 06:53 PM
You know you're in trouble when...

You think it's a good idea to attempt an extraction during a speed scrap.

SparkysGirl
05-20-2010, 06:54 PM
OK ... FINAL STEP!

Step 5: Add some scatter and ribbons or string to taste!

Step 6: Pick a pretty font or alpha and create a one-word title. If it works with your layout, snag one or two of the elements from your cluster ... make them smaller and place them strategically around your one-word title. If appropriate ... do a little journal, then date your layout!

Put the finishing touches on your layout and add what you'd like to make it just right! You've got another hour to work out the kinks ... then upload it to the Speed Scrap (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=927)gallery and link it back to this thread!!!!

reboscraps
What's a "creative license" card?

It was in Lisa's kickoff instructions:

" As one of our retired designers used to say ... if you get stuck, pull out the old "creative license" and institute it ... no "speed scrap police" here tonight! Bottom line, we're hoping this will be FUN!!!! "

Darlene Currie

I'm choking here! You're very brave and my heart bleeds for you, you brave soul you!

AZK
05-20-2010, 06:55 PM

:goodluck:

SparkysGirl
05-20-2010, 06:55 PM

LOL! You are one BRAVE woman!!!

altimasport
05-20-2010, 06:56 PM
Sorry about the frame thing ladies - sounds like my first "prompt" at a SS was a doozie! It's about stretching the brain, but on a night when you're tired, I can see that would be tough.:wub1:

no problem I created my own frames I hope that is ok!:rolleyes1:

Darlene Currie
05-20-2010, 06:57 PM
no problem I created my own frames I hope that is ok!:rolleyes1:

Super - that's great creative license!

SlidingKat
05-20-2010, 06:57 PM
the ironic thing is its the one word title that has me stumped!

AZK
05-20-2010, 06:59 PM
Yeah, I had a two-word title in mind...no worries, one will do!

elenasworld
05-20-2010, 07:01 PM
i am still playing catch up, but what fun prompts!
you are really rocking the tag team SS's
thanks for hosting!

SparkysGirl
05-20-2010, 07:02 PM
the ironic thing is its the one word title that has me stumped!

Creative license would allow for a multi-word title!!!! :laugh:

diamndprincz
05-20-2010, 07:02 PM
I am going to finish up before I pass out! :-\

FJchickie
05-20-2010, 07:09 PM
Uuughh, it's just not coming together, and I can't find the one photo I really wanted. This was my first SS fail. :sad44:

...but, I can't wait to see all of your pages, maybe I'll become re-inspired!

SparkysGirl
05-20-2010, 07:12 PM
Uuughh, it's just not coming together, and I can't find the one photo I really wanted. This was my first SS fail. :sad44:

...but, I can't wait to see all of your pages, maybe I'll become re-inspired!

OH ... I hate for this to be a fail! :cry:

Darlene Currie
05-20-2010, 07:15 PM
Allright! Finished my first speed scrap. It was actually really neat and I panicked for nothing!
Here's (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=82987) my layout:
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/927/May_Speed_Scrap-Proud.jpg

SparkysGirl
05-20-2010, 07:16 PM
OK ... here's my layout:
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/927/2006_6_Jun_Friends.jpg

amandamoo
05-20-2010, 07:16 PM
Darlene, it is adorable! I love it! I love yours too, Lisa!

Here's mine: LOVE (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=82989)
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/927/wedding-fun-web.jpg

Darlene Currie
05-20-2010, 07:19 PM
Amanda and Lisa - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your pages. They're totally awesome the photos in both layouts are putting a total smile on my face. My neighbours are probably why I'm sitting here by myself laughing! Too cool! Great use of your frames too!

SparkysGirl
05-20-2010, 07:26 PM
Hope everyone had a good time!

Hang in there and do your best to finish up your layout! I'm gonna head over the the gallery to leave some love!

Thanks to everyone who participated tonight!

Darlene Currie
05-20-2010, 07:27 PM
Thanks for getting this started Lisa, it was great!

agarzaldynrd
05-20-2010, 07:40 PM
Here is mine!!

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/927/Sneaky_copy.jpg (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=82992)

diamndprincz
05-20-2010, 07:43 PM
Great job everyone!
Here's mine:
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/500/LittleArtistMay2010.jpg (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=82993&limit=recent)

tbcarter2002
05-20-2010, 07:46 PM
Ok, I haven't crashed and burned on a ss since the very first one I ever participated in but I have just had too many distractions tonight and must admit defeat. Maybe I'll be able to concentrate a little better next time. The layouts so far are fabulous. Good night everyone.

bunnyscrap
05-20-2010, 07:46 PM
Here is my LO
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=82995

briarwoodpups
05-20-2010, 07:48 PM
Welllllllll, I was almost home free and then noticed that I was using a kit that hasn't been released yet. Yikes! But that's ok - Grey's is soooooooo good tonight that I almost forgot I was in a SS - that's HOW GOOD it is. I won't say any details for the marathon girl :)

reboscraps
05-20-2010, 07:58 PM
Can anybody say "last minute?" LOL!

(Note, credits aren't in the gallery yet, I'm heading right back over there to update!)

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/927/Charlie-and-ray.jpg

AZK
05-20-2010, 07:59 PM
Well, I finally finished! I wish I didn't agonize over every little detail. Oh, and my creative license? One extra photo. I couldn't leave anyone out! :laugh:

I'll be back in the morning to see what everyone came up with. Thanks for the fun idea, Lisa!

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/927/Family_Feb_1990.jpg (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=82996)

altimasport
05-20-2010, 08:03 PM
ok here is mine! I will probably tweek it some later but, I think it has a good start! Thanks for hosting a great speed scrap!
ok so I just saw the random balloon will be fixing that in the am for sure!
Field day (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=82999)
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/927/field-day-2010.jpg

SlidingKat
05-20-2010, 08:03 PM
Insane is having photoshop crash (because I forgot to restart before starting) right before the first layout was completed AND SAVED. Then when I put the layout back together...I decided to use different photos from a different event...

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/927/2003_033003_Vegas_chocolate.jpg

elenasworld
05-20-2010, 08:09 PM
Here is my page for tonight's SS
Thanks so much for the fun prompts!
Love the ST tag team style SS :)

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/927/2010_spring-smiles.jpg (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=83001)

reboscraps
05-20-2010, 08:32 PM
I know some of you probably posted and went to bed because this SS ended late in some time zones, so don't forget to visit the gallery (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=927) and leave some love for the great layouts created!!

DavisChronicles
05-20-2010, 08:43 PM
A little late ( the one word title stumped me! lol )
but here it is! =)

And thank you Supreme Team for the fun speed scrap!!

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/927/Experience-Speed-Scrap.jpg (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/927/Experience-Speed-Scrap.jpg)

Arizona Girl
05-20-2010, 10:05 PM
Well darn it I didn't catch this in time. I love speed scraps. They are right up my alley. Hopefully next time I'll see it in time.

Scrappinsass
05-21-2010, 04:38 AM
Bah!! missed it.. :( for some reason I thought it was tomorrow .. sigh.. Next time... :)