PDA

View Full Version : Did you use Hello?

tessthescrapper
12-08-2009, 04:23 PM
We used to collaborate and have ct team meetings in Hello. Then Google bought it and phased it out promising to give us a new program.

That program is just about ready. It is called Google Wave. It is a brand new communication platform. It was made with a collaboration of the brothers who started Google Maps and others. Google Wave is an online tool for real-time communication and collaboration.

It is still in the preview/review phase but they have opened it up for the general public via invitations. They send out the invitations to friends and family of those who already have it. I am one of those people. What I do is send in your email address and they send you the invitation.

Here is a link to lots of information about the Wave along with some videos.

If you would like to get an invitation you can either pm me or go to the Google Invite website (just google it.. lol)

There are 58 scrappers/designers in my wave contact list so far... lets get the whole digiscrapping community going with this!

OOPS! I forgot to Link it up. (http://www.google.com/search?q=google+wave&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a)

donakat
12-08-2009, 05:43 PM
Looks like another big winner for Google! I'm trying to watch the video, but it's not keeping up with itself, so I'll do it later when there's less traffic.

tessthescrapper
12-08-2009, 07:49 PM
What I did to watch it, pause it and wait for it to load ~ then watch it.

landofoz
12-08-2009, 08:08 PM
add me my email,,,,,,,,,,is maggiewjk.wojak@gmail.com

ps no video

twirlyjoy
12-08-2009, 11:51 PM
I have google wave and don't rate it much at all, I'm afraid! It is nothing at all like Hello which was fantastic!

Maybe as I go along with it, I'll get to like it!

Anyway, I have lots of invites too, so if anyone wants one, just pm me with your email addy :)

HollyS
12-09-2009, 04:41 AM
Thanks for sharing this info!

tessthescrapper
12-09-2009, 08:08 AM
I have google wave and don't rate it much at all, I'm afraid! It is nothing at all like Hello which was fantastic!

Maybe as I go along with it, I'll get to like it!

Anyway, I have lots of invites too, so if anyone wants one, just pm me with your email addy :)

They are still working on it. Plus you can get add ons for it.
Do you have other people to talk to? Like Hello, at this time, you have to have others that are also using wave. They are working on apps all the time, including how to interact with other emails.

I am tessthescrapper at googlewave dot com. Look me up and let's see if we can't figure it out together.

tessthescrapper
12-09-2009, 08:09 AM
add me my email,,,,,,,,,,is maggiewjk.wojak@gmail.com

ps no video

I sent it in for you.

btw, I have over 60 other scrappers in my contact list and adding all the time!

twirlyjoy
12-09-2009, 01:17 PM
They are still working on it. Plus you can get add ons for it.
Do you have other people to talk to? Like Hello, at this time, you have to have others that are also using wave. They are working on apps all the time, including how to interact with other emails.

I am tessthescrapper at googlewave dot com. Look me up and let's see if we can't figure it out together.

Yeah, I do have lots of people on there to chat to, and I know how to use it, I just don't really like it!

Guess I am a bit disappointed that it isn't what I was expecting when they promised us a replacement for Hello!

Never mind, am sure I will get used to it and hopefully there will be lots of improvements and updates to it soon!!

tessthescrapper
12-09-2009, 03:03 PM
Yeah, I do have lots of people on there to chat to, and I know how to use it, I just don't really like it!

Guess I am a bit disappointed that it isn't what I was expecting when they promised us a replacement for Hello!

Never mind, am sure I will get used to it and hopefully there will be lots of improvements and updates to it soon!!

Sorry you don't like it. I guess it is like Alaska. When you arrive you either hate it or you love it. There is no in between. And if you hate it, you never learn to love it, and vice versa.

twirlyjoy
12-09-2009, 11:52 PM
Sorry you don't like it. I guess it is like Alaska. When you arrive you either hate it or you love it. There is no in between. And if you hate it, you never learn to love it, and vice versa.

lol! I have never heard that abut Alaska!!!

You never know, I might come to love it!

The problem with it is that I absolutely loved Hello and I don't think Wave is as much like Hello as I was hoping, so guess some of it is disappointment - which I am sure i will get over!!