PDA

View Full Version : Plans for the holidays???

marshmella
12-07-2009, 10:26 AM
So what does everyone have planned for the holidays? Anything special? Or do you have any special holiday traditions that your family does?

This will be my daughters first Christmas!!! And then she turns 1 on the 28th! We bought a house a few months ago so this will be our first Christmas in our own home! I am very excited about that. Other than that, we will do our usual Christmas at my parents. Not all of my family is able to make it home so that is always hard. We have such a close family and when the holidays come around I want to spend them with my entire family!!! But we always make the best out of it!!

donakat
12-07-2009, 11:06 AM
We will spend time with my family this year--seeing my mother and my sister's family. We got Thanksgiving with our son and his family, so we've pretty much covered everyone with the two holidays. It's always been our tradition to go to one family for Thanksgiving and the other for Christmas, then switch the next year. Works out well, and we live between the two families.

Surfs Up
12-07-2009, 11:22 AM
I live in San Diego, California, USA and we are having a good drenching at the moment! We really need it! We have not had a good rain in a very very long time. But for the holidays my mother and I have plans to visit my youngest brother and his family, they are the only ones with small children, in San Louis Obisbo in central California. This will be my sons last Christmas at home with me, as he will be off to University next year, so I am hoping he will decide to come with us. He thinks he will. *BIG SMILES*

Everyone have the best Holidays ever!!! :love-smiley-011:

elenasworld
12-07-2009, 11:30 AM
We have not spent Christmas with family in five years, mostly because traveling in the snow is not fun and we have been trying to make christmas memories for my dd at her home. this year though, my dh is bringing his grandmother all the way to visit, and she will be here for Christmas. So, now it will be the four of us and I think having my dd's great grandmother here will be some special memories in the making.
I am going home in January though for a late Christmas with my family.
Wish me luck, the last time I flew in the winter, the airport had shut down just after our flight due to a blizzard.

triciacurtis
12-09-2009, 05:40 PM
Hopefully this year will be better than last. Last year was my little guy's first Christmas, but we were snowed in, didn't go anywhere for about 2 weeks. UPS was supposed to deliver almost all his presents on the 23rd, then the 24th, but didn't deliver until the 28th. Luckily he had no idea, he was only 9 months old. This year he is much more active and animated, I just have to figure out what to get him!