PDA

View Full Version : FREEware - Unzip many files at one time!!

Helen
04-10-2007, 06:54 PM
I just found this great freeware on the site below.

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/unzipall.html

I just unzipped tons of files (by folder) at one time. Not one at a time which takes FOREVER!!!!!

You select the folder and which extension - and I hit the key that said to 'select all', and it unzipped them and put them into separate folders - just like when you unzip them the regular way with winzip. I have to go back and delete the zip files - but WOW!!!!! This is fantastic.

This freeware unzips Files with .zip or .rar or .ace extensions.

This will save me HOURS and HOURS of unzipping files I have been collecting.

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/images/balloons.jpg (http://godigitalscrapbooking.myownsiteonline.com/birthday/tborntreger_GDS_BDAY_ribbon.zip)

Check it out! :gogo: :roses: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :balloons:

Helen

brandiwest
04-10-2007, 07:14 PM
Holy Cow!!! NO WAY!! I'm gonna have to check that out!!

babyofmine
04-10-2007, 08:55 PM
oh my word! You have saved me! LOL I do not have winzip (and $30 seems a little much, kwim?) on the new computer, and have been unable to automatically unzip the files as they download. THIS is almost as easy! I just tried it! THANK YOU!

okblues
04-10-2007, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the tip Helen.

Helen
04-10-2007, 11:07 PM
WOW!!!!!!! I just unzipped over a thousand files in about a half hour.

The name of the freeware is Unzip ThemAll.

I had heard of it, but had not tried it. I tested and tested, and so far - works great for me.

One tip - put zip and rar files in separate folders. When you are unzipping a batch of zip files (for example), if there are rar files in the folder, the job stops with an error code message (when it comes up to an rar file) and you have to click ok to continue. When I moved the rar files to another folder, things sailed through. And then when I did my rar files in separate folders, it breezed through them too.

What I did tonight, would have taken me WEEKS or MONTHS to go through.
Wow!!!!!! :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Debra
04-20-2007, 08:35 PM
That's amazing.... Thanks so much for sharing this info!!

Darla
04-20-2007, 09:09 PM
Wow, I'm gonna have to check this one out!!! Thanks so much for the tip!!! :dancing:

okekeca
04-20-2007, 11:06 PM
Thank you!!
I downloaded the program and Im going to unzip a LOAD of goodies in a moment....hehehe

hyphen_eight
04-20-2007, 11:28 PM
Sounds interesting; I'll have to go check it out. Thanks for letting us know.

casey4
04-21-2007, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the link.

ScrapGrl
04-29-2007, 06:41 PM
Anyone know of a free program that will unzip .rar only? My computer automatically unzips zip files just not rar files. Thanks all!:biggrin:

Love4Scrap
05-01-2007, 04:41 AM
Thank you for this WONDERFUL INFO!!! I needed the Freeware , and I can't wait to use it TODAY!!!!!!

Love4Scrap

Alana
05-01-2007, 05:30 AM
Thank you for the link :wink:

patchas
05-01-2007, 05:38 AM
If anyone has WinRAR already, it has a feature to do the same thing. When installing be sure to tell it to integrate into Explorer (if using a Windows computer) and then whenever you rightclick a zip or rar (or whatever) file, you get a bunch of unzipping options, including to unzip to individual folders. Fabulous feature!:wink:

froggypond
05-01-2007, 06:28 PM
this sounds fantastic...will definitely check it out...thanks for the tip.

babyofmine
05-02-2007, 04:37 PM
okay, I love this new software, but I'm stumped on how to get it to accept passwords. any ideas?

MamaB
05-02-2007, 04:46 PM
Helen!!!!! ((((((hugs)))))) This is amazing! My evening was going to be spent sitting here unzipping stuff. You just made my life so much easier!:party: :roses: :love-smiley-011: :party1: :dancing: :congrats: :balloons: *woot

Helen
05-02-2007, 07:23 PM
Thanks - I thought it was fantastic too - it has saved me so much time!

And Julie, sorry, no I don't know how it handles passwords, other than if one is needed, it might stop at that file and give a code. I always double check my files after the job is done - to make sure everything unzipped ok.

If I find any 'empty' folders - I try to unzip that file again - sometimes it didn't unzip right because it was corrupt or a password was needed - which I then enter. If a file is password protected - you have to have the password - there isn't any program that will allow you to unzip a file that is password protected - without the password. That is done to ensure against piracy.

So - if the program doesn't prompt you for a password during the unzipping, then check the folders afterwwards to find the ones that are empty - then re-check their zipped version. Maybe the web site where we downloaded it from would have information on it. That's all I know for now.

Seoul2SoulScraps
05-02-2007, 09:04 PM
Thanks so much. This is awesome!

yin
05-02-2007, 09:08 PM
Helen, thanks so much for the link! I just downloaded it and tried it, it unzipped loads of files right before my very eyes!! Wow!

babyofmine
05-03-2007, 12:50 AM
oh, I wasn't trying to by-pass the passwords! goodness, no. I have the password (for example, the newsletter freebies for certain sites have pw), but Unzip won't accept it and just brings the pw screen again and again. {hmmm...now it won't even bring up that screen, it just gives me "error 81" and "82"} If I can't get it to work on this computer, then I can just hook up my EHD to the other computer with Winzip, I just hate trying to untangle all the cords. LOL

Helen
05-03-2007, 09:11 AM
Hey Julie - just mentioned the password thing because someone else asked me that same question - just wanted to clarify it for everyone reading this thread. When I have newsletter freebies with passwords, I usually unzip them with my regular unzip program - haven't figured out yet with unzip them all - how to do them - you're right - I get error codes returned with these files too. I just skip them and go back to them later.

Sounds like your CORD situation is the same as mine. I have cords EVERYWHERE! Also - glad you got your cast off finally - I had a cast on my leg back in the 80s for about 7 weeks in a summer - and it was no fun.

angelfaye
06-19-2007, 04:13 AM
WOW!!
thanks for the tip and the link - back in a bit LOL!!!!:laugh:

bdjeepers
07-20-2007, 03:31 AM
I just highlight all the zip or rar files, right click, and choose 'extract here'. It does.....

Whitefern
07-20-2007, 05:00 AM
This is just great - tks Helen. I haven't tried it yet but I haven't downloaded .rar files previously because I didn't have a programme to unzip them. How wonderful!

franbvm
07-20-2007, 10:25 AM
I'm not sure i understand! in windows just highlight all the zips you want unzipped and there unzipped. I use free zip genius for unzipping....you can get it hear.

http://www.zipgenius.it/eng/index.php

sha
07-23-2007, 11:47 AM
Thank you for this tip. It definitely will come in handy. Especially right now when I have about 50 files to unzip.

Thank you.

4man42
07-27-2007, 09:40 PM
Thanks for this link! I tried it and am thrilled to death! It really works!

Helen
07-27-2007, 10:56 PM
Glad this tip is helping you unzip RAR and ZIP files. I don't know about the other links mentioned - but I know I LOVE this one. In fact, about a month after I found it and started using, I noticed it was highlighted in some other site newsletters - and highly recommended - so the word must have spread fast on this one.

I finally figured out that I can unzip rar and zip files at the same time.
I set up the options to delete the zip/rar files after it was done - and this has saved me some time too.

Again - when you grab a lot of freebies - it really helps to unpackage them QUICK!

Pat Warren
07-31-2007, 03:44 AM
thank you for this link, I can't wait to try it. You are right about it taking hours to unzip everything. Love from England

Coolscrapbook
09-04-2007, 06:52 PM
Helen, I know this is kind of an old posting, however, just wanted to say==>THANK YOU.

I found this one today with our scavenger hunt, and what a deal. Sometimes I feel like I'm loosing my marbles unzipping files and deleting zipped files. aaahhh!

What a time saver. A million thanx

Addie

Helen
09-04-2007, 07:24 PM
Hi Addie - You're welcome! Glad you like it! I found this a long time ago and posted it here and about a month after I posted it here I started to see the link in several other sites' newsletters too - I don't know what I would do without this! A great timesaver - the hours it saves is fantastic!

Thanks for your thanks and hope you are enjoying the scavenger hunt and all of the other fun stuff going on here this week!

petitflocondeneige
09-05-2007, 01:09 AM
Sometimes I feel like I'm loosing my marbles unzipping files and deleting zipped files. aaahhh!
I have had the same problem, even with this solution, and I have now a rule, kind of like "pick up after yourself": instead of saving the zip files on my computer, I always choose the option "open the file with". Then I HAVE TO take care of it immediatly!!

arlene6
09-05-2007, 06:02 PM
This is the most incredible piece of freeware going. I downloaded it a couple weeks ago and I'm loving it.

cmcariann
01-18-2008, 04:19 PM
way too cool. Thanks for sharing... I have 3 folders of ziped files waiting to unzip...

rachnmaddie
01-18-2008, 05:17 PM
OMG.. this is the best find ever.

THANK YOU :) I too just unzipped a kabillion files that would have taken me weeks, if not months of sitting at my computer to unzip !!

Helen
01-19-2008, 12:01 PM
OMG.. this is the best find ever.

THANK YOU :) I too just unzipped a kabillion files that would have taken me weeks, if not months of sitting at my computer to unzip !!

Great - I'm glad this helped you - I remember how thrilled I was when I found out about it and starting unzipping with it - I consider it one of my 'must have' tools now - couldn't live without it. I ended up changing the settings on the profile and just let it unzip and delete zip file at the same time. I've stopped saving zip files - probably should -but takes up so much space to keep them both.

Anyway - thanks for trying it out - and glad it helped - now you can spend all of these weeks and months scrapping instead.

Have a great weekend and welcome to GDS! I just dropped in for a few minutes before running out to do an errand - will be back in the forum later today.

rspoutra
02-21-2008, 02:00 AM
WOWsers! This sounds fabulous. One quick question, does it override the current unzip extractor? or can you select the program to unzip the batch? Thanks for the best info of the day.

4man42
02-21-2008, 07:58 AM
This is the greatest program ever! Yes, you can set it up to unzip the whole batch. You just tell it where the folder is that you download your zipped files to.

Debra
09-28-2008, 06:36 AM
WOWsers! This sounds fabulous. One quick question, does it override the current unzip extractor? or can you select the program to unzip the batch? Thanks for the best info of the day.

you can open up unzip them all and then choose the file folder where your zips are located and they will all be unzipped. *woot

bozena
09-28-2008, 08:58 AM
Thanks, this is great!!!

britnkaysmemaw2
09-28-2008, 09:13 AM
Thanks so much for this site. Glad this page got resurrected. Somehow, I lost my winzip files, and they wanted me to pay $30 to reinstall it, so this site makes me very happy!

Gem
09-28-2008, 10:45 AM
WOW!!!!!!! I just unzipped over a thousand files in about a half hour.

The name of the freeware is Unzip ThemAll.

I had heard of it, but had not tried it. I tested and tested, and so far - works great for me.

One tip - put zip and rar files in separate folders. When you are unzipping a batch of zip files (for example), if there are rar files in the folder, the job stops with an error code message (when it comes up to an rar file) and you have to click ok to continue. When I moved the rar files to another folder, things sailed through. And then when I did my rar files in separate folders, it breezed through them too.

What I did tonight, would have taken me WEEKS or MONTHS to go through.
Wow!!!!!! :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:
Helen, Thank you so much for this tip. I had some rar files and didn't know how to unzip them. It takes me a long time to unzip using the utility on Windows. This will save me soooo much time. Thank you!!!

tinkriley
02-22-2009, 11:48 AM
Wow, I'm gonna have to check this one out!!! Thanks so much for the tip!!! *woot

Scrappinsass
04-10-2009, 05:18 PM
I just unzipped 371 files at the same time into separate folders using good old Windows Explorer file manager and Winrar ver 3.8 which is intergrated into the right click menu... no problems...but the freeware sounds good for those who don't have WinRar :)

scrapmami
04-10-2009, 08:45 PM
This is awesome! You just saved me so much time!

karbi
04-15-2009, 03:36 PM
This will be such a help. Thanks!

mariuc
04-15-2009, 04:18 PM
Thanks so much for the tip!!! it will save me lots of time
MAria from Venezuela:biggrin:

karbi
04-23-2009, 05:17 PM
This will be so helpful. Thanks!

PinkPug,INK.
05-02-2009, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the link! I've been looking for one of these! :)

Debra
01-13-2012, 10:27 AM
Oh man, just got a new computer and went to get this software again and now it's gone... wanna see a grown woman cry... *sniff*... how on earth are we suppose to unzip files without this... anyone have any comparable suggestions? Dang I loved that software! :sad44::sad44::sad44:

Debra
01-18-2012, 07:44 AM
Oh man, just got a new computer and went to get this software again and now it's gone... wanna see a grown woman cry... *sniff*... how on earth are we suppose to unzip files without this... anyone have any comparable suggestions? Dang I loved that software! :sad44::sad44::sad44:

woohoo..found the software again :)

http://unzipthemall.en.softonic.com/

Amanda
01-18-2012, 11:43 AM
woohoo..found the software again :)

http://unzipthemall.en.softonic.com/

You cracked me up. :laugh:Glad you found it, now I will check it out too. I paid for Bitzipper, and it is mine all mine now- but I have never checked to see if it does the same as this one. :p