PDA

View Full Version : New Magazine

babydoe
03-21-2007, 06:06 PM
Did anyone else subscribe to the new magazine from Simple Scrapbooks, called "Digital Scrapbooking"? I got my Premiere Issue a couple of days ago and have just been reading it.

I am so excited, I learned a new skill by reading it. I used their instructions on using the Type Mask Tool (which I didn't even know I had) to make custom alphas. They used pictures in the magazine, but I just used paper from a kit on mine. Maybe this tool isn't new to most of you, but I had fun playing with it. There is also a how to for a "cloned photo montage" which looks like so much fun. Maybe this old dog can learn new tricks! :roses:

Cherry47
03-21-2007, 06:29 PM
I received mine a few days ago and just had time to thumb through it. I look forward to reading the articles and learning new techniques since I'm a newbie. I will definitely look for the type Mask tool.

brandiwest
03-21-2007, 07:14 PM
Where do you subscribe to that at?? Sounds AWESOME!!!

okblues
03-21-2007, 08:55 PM
Yes, I did subscribe, but for some reason, I'm one of those who still haven't received it. :(

ckbymommy
03-21-2007, 09:40 PM
Sounds like a really great magazine, I will have to see if I can get the first issue at the LSS or Michaels

twirlyjoy
03-22-2007, 12:56 AM
I was put off subscribing because of the delivery issues - and being international, I am sure it would be even worse! Will maybe wait till the delivery issues are sorted out, and then try it!

dragonflyscrapper76
03-22-2007, 08:28 AM
I found the magazine in my LSS and had to get it, then I got mine in the mail, so I gave it to my mom, who is now trying out the digi thing. It is a great Magazine and I can't wait for the next issue.

Maisie
03-22-2007, 10:47 AM
I signed up for the sub as soon as I found out about it.
But they are having big delivery problems. While some people haven't got their first issue. I got my second last Saturday. I've gone through it a lot, but didn't see the masking tut. I'll going to go back and read it page to page. LOL!!

babydoe
03-22-2007, 03:24 PM
Brandi: The site for the magazine is:

http://digitalscrapbooking.com/magazine

Maisie: It is on Page 101.

quiltdeb
03-22-2007, 03:41 PM
I've also subscribed and recieved an email last week saying I should have mine anytime. I'm still waiting, but it sounds great.

shawnyrvr
03-22-2007, 05:37 PM
It is nice to have a magazine in our specialty of scrapping isn't it? I've been getting CK and SS for years and I subscribed to the Digital one when April owned and operated it. I'm glad she's still on board as and editor and writer. It does have some great tutorials in it for new and old to digital. Plus it's just kind of cool seeing all the digital layouts without the complaining that digital was overtaking the paper scrapping mags. But don't get me wrong I still paper scrap so I don't have a problem with either. It just gives me another reason to get another great magazine, lol.

ScrapGrl
03-22-2007, 08:31 PM
How much is the magazine in the stores? I would like to leaf through it before getting the subscription.

yin
03-22-2007, 09:08 PM
HHHm, interesting, i'd love to check it out. I finally had a subscription to CK last year as a mother's day present, but the internatinoal postage is quite expensive. Now that my brother is going to be posted to work in Washington DC and has a monthly free postal to and from home, i can now think of getting him to subscribe and sending them to me!! Wonder if he would pick up scrapbooking as a result? LOL

babydoe
03-23-2007, 07:45 AM
On the cover of the mag is says it is $6.99/US or $9.99/Canada. But a subscription, 6 issues, is only 14.99 so it is almost worth it to just get the subscription instead of paying almost 50% of the price for 1 mag. I think you will really like it.

CrayonQueen
03-23-2007, 09:06 AM
Sounds like a really great magazine, I will have to see if I can get the first issue at the LSS or Michaels

Ok I know that this is prolly going to sound really silly, but what is LSS??:eek1

ckbymommy
03-23-2007, 09:10 AM
Sorry, Patty, it stands for Local Scrapbook Store :wink:

CrayonQueen
03-23-2007, 09:12 AM
Sorry, Patty, it stands for Local Scrapbook Store :wink:

hee hee....thanks Melanie!!

I think that abbreviation outta be added to the newbie list, lol :D