PDA

View Full Version : How does everyone do a 2 page layout digitally?

irishblues
06-26-2009, 11:12 AM
I am a newbie to DS and traditionally I use 2 pagers all the time. I was just wondering if people do them as seperate pages or all in one work space? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

:hairpull::confused1:

britnkaysmemaw2
06-26-2009, 10:40 PM
Good question. I have wondered the same thing. Anyone got any hints for us?

lazyscrapper
06-27-2009, 03:43 AM
I do both. If I am creating something that has elements that crosses the page I will do it together as a 12x24. Then if I want to print it I just save each 12x12 side individually. You just have to watch out for the middle because you can lose some of it in printing. I usually don't put anything I'm not willing to lose in the last 1/4 inch, or if you have the grid on, in the last square along the middle.

I also do pages individually if the pages are more blocked because it's easier for me to see the elements. I don't have a big monitor so I really have to zoom in sometimes and I can't get the over all picture with the zoom all the way in.

Hope that helps

agarzaldynrd
06-27-2009, 05:59 AM
I wondered the same thing!!! I've not tried a 12x24. Now I see people posting the 2 pages together-side by side. Is this originally a 12x24 or 2 12x12s somehow uploaded in a way I'm not familiar with?

elenasworld
06-27-2009, 06:38 AM
You can get some templates that are 24 x 12
Or you can put two pages side by side to get the feel of what it will be as a two pager, by creating a new document that is 24 x12, and then drag and drop each side of the page on opposite sides of the new document.
Sometimes I do this just to get the web sized image to upload.
I dont usually save two pagers this way, since I would need to print them individually anyway.

britnkaysmemaw2
06-27-2009, 07:47 AM
Thanks ladies for your input. Guess I will have to give this a try. I have never done as 2 pg. lo before.

donakat
06-27-2009, 09:56 AM
I like Liz's suggestion of doing the two layouts separately, then dragging them onto the double-size canvas for the preview. But, like Erica says, if you've got an element that overlaps, you need to create the LO double-wide. Question: do any of the scrapbook printing sites or other sites (Costco, etc.) print the 24x12 size?

emeraldsong
06-27-2009, 10:17 AM
I always do my 2 pagers as side by side pages (two pages). The grid helps to line everything up b/c you can use it to "see" were things that stretch across the two pages should be to line up right. I ususally post them as two separate pages as well. It's just easier for me.

SlidingKat
06-27-2009, 05:01 PM
Usually I do two seperate pages 12x12. Save them as a *.tiff files. Then create a blank page that is 12x24 and drag both pages into it and arrange them to fit.

However, I bought a two page template a few weeks ago and am off to try that method.

I don't really print anything anymore. I just use my computer monitor with a screensaver of all my layouts for viewing.

ckbymommy
06-27-2009, 07:59 PM
I usually do them seperately, but if I want an element to cross the split I will do them as one long workspace with a guide at the half way point. Then crop each side to divide if I'm going to print.

irishblues
06-27-2009, 10:06 PM
Thank u for all of the very helpful tips!! It is great to be part of such a helpful community. I will give both ways a try!! Thanks again.

:biggrin:

carena
06-27-2009, 10:51 PM
I'd do mine as 2 12 by 12s and then perhaps put them together after I had flattened the image on completion.
I'd do this way as my layouts are usually complicated with many many elements - it would help me keep track of all the layers and also what I had on each side.
It;s not very often that a print a layout - so that part of things doesn't worry me but you can always transfer them onto a 24 x 12 page later.

amandamoo
06-28-2009, 06:58 AM
I've done it both ways, but normally as two files. One thing that helps me is to duplicate a layer but put it on the other file so I can nudge it over and still be in line with the other page.

uinthas
06-28-2009, 11:25 AM
Looks like you already have plenty of answers, but since I always do my pages as 2 pagers I can't help but chime in. :) I create each page seperately as its own 12x12 LO. If I have elements/photos that span both pages, then after I have each page done, I create a new blank file at 12x24 & drag my two 12x12 pages onto the new canvas & make adjustments as necessary. Good luck!

napiergirl
03-13-2011, 06:36 PM
I hope you don't mind me butting in here, but I was looking at another scrapbook site the other day and Manda had tutorials about seperating double page templates. Very interesting.:goodluck: :goodluck:

http://mandagirl.com/tips-and-tutorials

SparkysGirl
03-13-2011, 07:13 PM
Gosh ... this is a GREAT question. I never really gave it any thought ... I always create two separate pages. I like the tips provided, though, on creating the two-pagers on one canvas. I'm gonna give it a try, too!

cjmmytunes
11-21-2012, 03:04 PM
I hope you don't mind me butting in here, but I was looking at another scrapbook site the other day and Manda had tutorials about seperating double page templates. Very interesting.:goodluck: :goodluck:

http://mandagirl.com/tips-and-tutorials

Thank you for posting this. I am still fairly new at doing all this, so I need all the help I can get... :D

scrappywho
09-24-2013, 10:33 PM
When you say you crop them do you mean you save 2 copies of the whole thing (say, one called left and one called right?) And then do you go back in to each and delete the side not wanted and then change the format to 12x12 instead of 12 x 24?

I can't visualize it so I hope I am making sense.
Brenda

Seoul2SoulScraps
09-26-2013, 06:32 PM
That's what I do. I make my page on a 12x24 canvas. Save two JPEGs. Crop one to 12x12 on the left side and the other to 12x12 on the right side.

scrappywho
09-26-2013, 09:07 PM
Thanks Seoul2SoulScraps. So you just crop, you don't remove the items on the left side and change the whole thing to 12 x 12? I was thinking if you removed a side your file size would be a lot smaller? Just trying to clarify! Thanks Brenda

Seoul2SoulScraps
09-26-2013, 09:15 PM
I crop the flattened JPEG, so it does remove the other side and saves as a smaller file. If I get a chance tomorrow, I will take some screenshots for you.

scrappywho
09-26-2013, 09:26 PM
Ahhh! That makes sense, thank you. I am so new even the simplest things are a learning curve. Appreciate the help.
Brenda

jem_scrapper
09-27-2013, 05:06 AM
I am a newbie to DS and traditionally I use 2 pagers all the time. I was just wondering if people do them as seperate pages or all in one work space? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.Thanks!!
:hairpull::confused1:

You're welcome - it was good reading everyone's input :wink:

I do both ways too but if I'm working with a template - I use it 12 x 24 but then it's difficult if you want to separate them... hope all this helps you :biggrin:

jem_scrapper
09-27-2013, 05:08 AM
I crop the flattened JPEG, so it does remove the other side and saves as a smaller file. If I get a chance tomorrow, I will take some screenshots for you.

I'd be interested in the screenshots too if I can see them - some challenges I'm having trouble seeing the previews or layouts... don't know why... but I'm enjoying them!! :twitcy:

Seoul2SoulScraps
09-27-2013, 11:25 AM
Here you go! I hope this helps. :)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-okmZnWXy2Bg/UkXNSpzWS-I/AAAAAAAAAcE/gw9tp_GXymk/w600-h400-no/screenshot.jpg