PDA

View Full Version : What do you spurlge on?

yin
03-15-2007, 03:50 AM
Was replying to another thread that we are the sort of family that save and pinch on everything, and then spurlge on holidays!

Well, i don't really mean spurlge, we stay in budget hotels and take public transport, but we go on holidays whenever we have some savings!

So what do you spurlge on?

ScrapGrl
03-15-2007, 06:39 AM
I don't really buy clothes, shoes etc. I love to eat out. So that is something I splurge on. I also sometimes splurge on candles...I love Yankee Candle.

steph
03-15-2007, 07:11 AM
We splurge on eating out too!!! I prefer some one else to do the dishes whenever possible... LOL

Rebecca
03-15-2007, 07:50 AM
Camera stuff, lenses and what not. I am hopeless....I just bought another lens the other day too!

ckbymommy
03-15-2007, 04:33 PM
Whenever we have saved up enough money, we like to splurge on things for the house - several years ago we saved up and splurged on an above ground pool. Then a couple years ago we splurged and rebuilt our back deck, adding a second level that wraps around about 1/4 of the pool. And when we need new furniture we splurge on the good wood stuff (rather than that pressed board stuff you have to put together). So, I guess we are kinda borring, but that's us, LOL

redring
03-15-2007, 07:33 PM
boring??? ha! how do you ever save that much up? well I usually splurge on the house too but nothing like ckmommy. Ive only been married 1.5 years and we dident have an wedding so I am still puting an home togather. neither of us make much so its slow going. I say "oh! look at this" and DH says "no". LOL! makes it hard to get things don.

yin
03-18-2007, 05:39 PM
What fantastic home improvements you've managed to splurge on, Melanie! I'm jealous!! My DH is just like you Rebecca, he only splurges on cameras and tennis rackets, I really don't mind the camera bit, :biggrin: :biggrin: !

island_princess
03-24-2007, 01:02 AM
*clothes, disney dvds, whatever else for my kiddies
* shoes, purses (i love them)

twirlyjoy
03-24-2007, 01:29 AM
hhmmm I'm not great at saving (being a single Mum, I don't have much to save!) but when I do get some 'spare' money, it goes on stuff for the house - I love re-decorating and am in the process of doing my eldest dd's room - going from kiddie room to one a bit more grown-up!

Also, on a smaller scale, it tends to be things for the girls - they were all treated to a pair of heelys each a few weeks back, and today its a day out shopping, and to the cinema.

Andrea
03-24-2007, 12:11 PM
Garden stuff! Seeds, watering wands, pots, flowers...I love them all. I spend way more on my garden than on my scrapbooks! My husband will ask me if I put in some more flowers and I just give him that "I don't know what you are talking about" look! :laugh:

Rebecca
03-24-2007, 04:56 PM
Andrea want to come do mine? :P I have done nothing but kill all the flowers here. I have a dead flowerbed. Sadly what I wish would die just won't!

casey4
03-24-2007, 05:15 PM
Travel - love to cruise and go to scifi conventions.

Maisie
03-24-2007, 05:31 PM
Last year I splurged, and bought a couch from Ethan Allen, had a chair recovered to match the couch, and bought an iron bed. My next big splulge will be an addition to our house. I'd like to add a bath, another bedroom, and a great room. I'd really love to renovate my house, but that's a splurge I can't afford!

Debra
03-24-2007, 08:40 PM
I splurge on sending money to my DD at college :vollkommenauf: ... there just never seems to be enough...

okblues
03-24-2007, 11:49 PM
We love to splurge on things for the kids and special things when we travel. But for now, we have agreed not to splurge. We are saving for building a new home and have agreed no extras until we accomplish that goal. We are also waiting until we build to purchase any new furniture. :eek: The less we spend, the sooner we will get to start building.:D

saraschlick
05-22-2007, 07:04 AM
We also splurge on good food! We don't get to eat out often, but when we do, we make it count.

I also rarely buy myself things, but I love splurging on my little boy!

podgurl
06-01-2007, 05:58 AM
what do i splurge on?

1. good coffee (im a starbucks addick, too!)
2. CDs
3. DVDs
4. BOOKS
5. BOOKS
6. BOOKS n more BOOKS!!!

^___^

Maisie
06-01-2007, 04:02 PM
I have to revise my splurge post.
Now that DS is going to college at the end of the summer.
Most of my money will be going to that.
DH and I seldom go out, to eat or movies, or anything.
I very seldom buy clothes. I haven't even been able to buy any digi-kits!
When the time comes for spending, I may just bust!!

yin
06-01-2007, 04:42 PM
Oh, Mary, I'm worried when that day comes for me too.

For now, we're pinching every penny to save up for a very big expense, visiting my brother who is working in Washington DC!

sillyleann
06-01-2007, 04:46 PM
Stamps or Card Making supplies. . . I found digi scrapping back in 2005. I swore off the paper stuff forever. This fall, I fell in love all over again. I cannot stop buying stamps or anything that I "think" I need to make cards. LOVE IT!

Cherry47
06-01-2007, 04:49 PM
Before I got into digi-scrapping, I splurged on paper supplies, so much until I didn't know what I had and did not have. It's the same now with my digital supplies. I'll learn one day how to use Acdcee and get them organized. My second splurge is on purses. These I know will fit.

alfenner
06-01-2007, 05:45 PM
Well, it probably wouldn't count as a splurge to most, but since money's sooooo tight, my splurge things are lavendar and vanilla fabric softner, special iced tea and cheesecake at the coffee house, and a candle now and again.......