PDA

View Full Version : Using a layered template...?

Spatlese
02-10-2009, 08:09 PM
I am using PSE7 and a layered .psd template.....when I drag "paper" onto the layer it doesn't take the shape of the layer....instead I get a "little" thumb nail size that I have to "stretch" to fit the area.....Am I doing something wrong? This happens even for the first or background layer....the paper is 3600 x 3600 in size... but when I have to "stretch" it to fit only part of the page, the patterns distort.... I've read the tutorial for PSE here, so I thought that with using the templates it was as simple as click & drag....

any helpful tips are appreciated!! Thanks!

Gwendlyn702
02-10-2009, 08:54 PM
Have you tried starting a new page from scratch and drag it onto that to see if it still doing the same thing? You may also want to try, making the paper you want to drag active, than do a select all, than copy. Make the layered template active and do paste into, that should transfer the full size of the paper over as well. Let me know if that works...

OneMemory
02-10-2009, 11:03 PM
Layered template are the best! When dragging an item onto the template, it has to be from another active window-so you cannot drag from the project bin (at the bottom) directly onto your page. So make sure the template window and the paper window are side by side and then drag the paper onto the template. Then, in the layers palette, move the paper layer directly OVER the template layer you want it to take the shape of, click Layer/Group With Previous and VOILA it will take the shape of that layer!

Spatlese
02-11-2009, 06:50 PM
"... When dragging an item onto the template, it has to be from another active window-so you cannot drag from the project bin (at the bottom) directly onto your page...."

Thanks so much...this was exactly what I was doing wrong...works like a charm when I do it right!! lol!!

I am just beginning to "practice" with digital scrapping....I've been "lurking" for a while & love the look of the layouts that everyone creates. I've used a few quick pages & thought the next progression would be the templates....I'm determined to get to the other side of the learning curve!!

Thanks again for the help!

OneMemory
02-11-2009, 07:45 PM
I'm so glad that worked for you!! You're doing great!!! Ask any questions you need! Can't wait to see your pages!

michellemomof3
02-12-2009, 04:48 AM
FYI - if you do need to stretch something to a bigger size, hold down shift as you're dragging the corner & it will not distort the image but resize both horizontal & vertical at the same time.

Spatlese
02-12-2009, 08:58 PM
Well, I was able to complete my first double page layout!!

Thanks to all of the help here!!

Please offer suggestions on improvements!!

Christmas Day (Left) (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=48868&ppuser=7771)

Christmas Day (Right) (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=48869&ppuser=7771)